Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Prayers answered...

My daughter has had braces on her teeth for a couple years.  Recently, the Orthodontist let us know that a stubborn tooth was refusing to move down and come out, so they wanted to go in and expose it with surgery.  Of course, I didn't want to have to get this done - no surgery is without possible complications.  So...

I prayed.

I asked God to please allow that tooth to move into it's normal place so we did not have to resort to the surgery.  Amen.

However, like the good Mom that I am (or maybe I should say the woman who struggles with faith) - I went ahead and kept the pre-op appointment, and scheduled a day for surgery - hoping and praying that I would not have to keep it.

This weekend, my daughter make a passing comment while we were watching TV...hmm she said - I think I feel something, I wonder if it's that tooth coming through.

Today, we met with her Orthodontist to have him look at it - and sure enough - it's THE tooth - the one we have been waiting and praying for.  It has not only moved, but is beginning to peak out.

We get to cancel the surgery date and I am so excited to proclaim that God answered my prayer.  Why?  I don't know.  Why he chose this one to answer and not some of the other ones that I have begged for?  I don't know.

All I do know is that he answered this one, and for that I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment