Monday, September 10, 2012

Life beginning to focus...


As I continue down a path to bring me closer to God, life does not stop and wait for me to get there.  Wouldn't that be so nice if it did?  If you could say, OK - I have identified where I need to be - now if everything around me could just freeze for a moment while I get there - that would be just awesome!

Come on, I know I am not the only one who thinks like this.

However, life does not stop.  The things we did yesterday, last week, last month, last year - - they are still with us.  Sometimes blurring the lines of reality as we continue on our journey.

We find ourselves squinting to try to make out the directions, the map...but still feel tired and unsure.

Then, just when we are about to give up hope...it happens...

You see it...a little at first then it begins to get clearer and clearer and before you know it you see it again.

You notice that not everything in your life has been brought into focus, just a little.  But it gives you the energy, the inertia, the desire to continue on.


You can start to make out the word, then you remember what is was that has brought you this far.


Hope in things not yet seen, in things not yet known.

You remember that you are not alone.  That God is so much more than anything you could ever face.  That with God you can accomplish anything.

You may doubt yourself, your ability, even your motives at time.  But, when you focus on God all of those things become clear.


This, I need to always remember. The only time this becomes blurred is when I travel too far away from him.  If i keep focus on God...you will be able to handle the things that our out of focus in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment