Monday, July 25, 2011

and with this step...


If I had to sum up the past few weeks in one word....that word would have to be WOW.

Yea, just WOW.

I have made some major changes in my life - some that I was planning - others that I was not.

I took a major step outside of my comfort zone. 

I am leaving my job in the corporate world, and have accepted a job with my Church.

Now, with that change comes a ripple-effect of change touching a lot of areas in our life.  One, is the financial aspect.  I will be taking a pay cut.  Churches/Non-Profits, etc. can not compete with Corporate Wages.  However, even with that I am excited with the change. 

I know that this is what God wants me to do, and when you are in His will.....there is this feeling of peace He provides that goes beyond my understanding.

I am excited too because the schedule will allow me additional time with my Husband (one on one) and also with all of my Family together.

This is important, since most of my working life - I put my career/job first.....and they had to deal with the left overs.

Now, God has dealt with me on that issue...a lot.  I say a lot because I didn't listen at first.  I had reason after reason as to why my life had to be the way it was.

However, He finally reached me about 3 years ago.....and I am so glad He did.  It was not overnight, but over the past 3 years my heart has changed, my priorities have changed, and in turn my life has changed.

When I gave my notice, my boss thought I was crazy.  He can not believe I would give up any amount of money, in fact he tried to buy me to stay.  He didn't understand that it was not about the money.

Will I have times of fear?  Yes, because my mind thinks on one level..  However, when I take that fear out, and look at it, I realize one thing. 

God is my provider, not me.

I need to make sure my heart stays in the right place, and the rest will fall into its proper place.  Not that we wont go through trials, or tough times - life is life.  But, God will be there to sustain us in our minds, and in our spirits. 

Really, all you have to say is God will be there.

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment