Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Faith and the little things...

With my mind swirling constantly of late due to the many things that have to be done, paid for, completed, followed up on, and basically just done over the next month...I find it hard to settle down and just focus.  I feel like I am constantly going every direction - all day - every day.

It's hard to wind down at night and I find myself talking myself into bed at Midnight - just because I know its late - not because I am sleepy.

Yesterday, in a usual rush - I stuck a $10 bill in my pocket.  I usually do not put money in my pockets - but yesterday for some reason - I did.

Later that morning, I put my hand in my pocket and realized - hey I still have $10 in here.  I thought to myself that I should put it in my purse - however my purse was in my office - and I was not. 

The rest of the morning was a blur.  Meetings, Phone Calls, Expense Reports, Travel Arrangements - you name it.

At lunch, I decided I wanted to go down to the Quick Trip on the corner and get a big Iced Tea!  Great Idea!

It was election day here yesterday for various primaries in our state.  The parking lot was very busy, because they have a poling place here at our church on voting days. 

As I made my way to my car - I noticed all the different people coming in & going out of the polling place.

I arrived at Quick Trip, got my drink and proceeded to the counter.  At that point I realized that I never put my $10 in purse - so I reached into my pocket to retrieve the money.

It was at that point I realized - - - It was not there.

I checked my other pockets, my purse, my wallet - - nope not there.

I handed my debit card to the cashier, got my drink and went back to my car - all the while thinking about where that money may be.

Checked my car - No.  Got back to the office - checked my office, around the floor, in the bathroom - basically retraced my steps for the morning.  Nothing.

As I sat down at my desk, a thought popped in my mind.  Finish, and trace your steps to your car. 

I remember thinking -well that's silly - if I dropped it outside - its gone.

But, I kept thinking to try.  So, I got up.  Walked downstairs.  Opened the door and looked at the parking lot.  I didn't see anything.  Im sure it's not there.

Then I thought...just go - walk towards your parking place.

So, I did.

To my utter amazement.  There it was.  Laying on the ground about 10 feet from the entrance to the building.

How many people have walked right by this!  I was shocked - I picked it up and walked back to my office.

Was that God?  I thought to myself?  Was it?

Did he keep it there, hide it even so no one else saw it?

Was that him prodding me to go down and look?  Even though I thought it was a silly waste of time, because there was NO way it would still be there.

I believe it was.  I believe he was showing me he cares about the little things.  He does.  To  me, I think He has better things to do than to worry about my lost $10 - however he is God!  He is saying - I can do ALL thinks - I am never overwhelmed, too busy to care for my children.

Thank you God for showing me your love, care and reinforcing in me the fact that nothing is too big - - or too small for you!

 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment