Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Patience is more than endurance...

I can't believe it has been three months since I posted anything.  So much has gone on...thus the reason for lack of posts.  I was having a hard time juggling everything that was coming my way.  Let's see if I can sum it all up a bit...


  • My son is going into the Air Force, a lot of prep for that, a lot going on.
  • A very dramatic roller coaster of events and emotions regarding a person in our life, a relationship turned toxic...I never thought I would go through such a turmoil, personal, emotional...took it's toll.
  • My daughter is heading into High-School....let me rephrase...My 'baby' Girl is heading into High School...happy/nervous all in one.
  • My husband and I are making some much needed, very overdue changes in our lives for the better...however change is never easy and you realize that there are a lot of ancillary things that come along with change...never the less...it will all be good in the long run.
So, here I am.  In so many areas of my life I am not only outside of my comfort zone....in some areas I can't even see my comfort zone from where I am.  This is very scary, however God is brining me though this in ways I never knew he would.  In some ways they are small ones, little things - words of comfort, gestures of kindness that help you through the really tough moments. 

Some ways are a complete surprise to me.  Things like how pain can bring two people together, how sometimes the one thing that brings solace is not a resolution to a problem...but just knowing you are not alone.

I am working, every day, on learning how to lean more on God.  I am trying to find ways to fortify God in our family.  Ways to bring His truth into our lives.  Ways to help bridge the knowledge gap between the God of the Old Testament and the fulfillment of his promises with Jesus in the New Testament.

Things tumbling around in my mind are ways to educate the family on traditions of the Old Testament, to show how they point to the New - but it's all new to me so there is a huge learning curve here.

In any case.  This blog only continues to speak more and more about my life...about living outside of my comfort zone...about stretching yourself...learning more...reaching out...and even though I feel like a human piece of salt water taffy on the pull sometimes...I know it is for the good of me, my family, and  those in my life both now and in the future.

“Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says--'I cannot stand anymore.' God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. 'Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.” ― Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment