Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Walking the Walk...


I am so excited about an upcoming event.  It's not until January - but I am still excited.  Our church will be participating in our City's Prayer Walk.  Churches from around our city, all denominations, will be taking one or more mile segments that surround our City, and on January 6th we will be walking and praying.

How awesome is that?!?

This will be something that will be in my heart from today till the event, praying for God's love to be shown to the community, for a uniting flame to be lit between denominations, and for God's heart to be made manifest to those in this City.

Short post, but sweet!  I will be posting more as we progress to this date!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Heather ! My name is Sarah and I am from the Philippines where most of the people are Roman Catholics. One observance we do during feast days and Lenten Season was to have a procession and I remembered one time that a Miraculous Statue named Santo Nino de Cebu visited our province where our parish priest requested to have a procession on barefoot. It was very memorable as it was done late in the afternoon where many people had joined in, even those who lived in far way places. What more it rained so hard that evening yet the people did not even mind. My siblings and I were prone to respiratory illness when we were kids then but none of us in had gotten sick that evening.
    And your post made me remember what happened on that day.

    By the way, I just nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. I hope you can find the time to drop by my site and find out why.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memory. Thank you for sharing that with me.

    And, yes I will definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete