Tuesday, June 28, 2011

poised on the edge of my comfort zone


I am standing at the perimeter today, looking outside my comfort zone.

That's all at this point, just looking, contemplating, wondering.

I have an opportunity to step outside, and I am weighing it very carefully. 

There is a part of me that is scared to death and can think of every excuse in the book to NOT do it. 

A part of me that wants to just jump off the cliff fast...like ripping off a band-aid

And, yet another part that is just standing there....staring at the cliff/boundary and just looking. 

Finally, the a part of me that just whispers.....pray.  Which is exactly what I intend to do.

I will pray for God to confirm in me that this is the direction He wants me to go.  I will pray that my pounding heart will be calmed, that peace will rise and fear will fall.

I will pray most of all for God's will to be done, and not mine.

Are there times when you found yourself looking over the edge of you comfort zone?  Did you take the step?  Did you turn and walk back into the center?  Did you pray for God to direct?

3 comments:

  1. I feel so much just by reading this post that it has applied to me in the past. Not even knowing exactly what you're referring to, but the similarity is that I always look to God to guide my steps. I'm your newest follower. Found you through (in) courage link up on blog frog. Hope you'll follow back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely in the praying stage right now of taking some huge steps...I've jumped off a few cliffs before, and for the most part God moved in unbelievable ways...but this one seems so much bigger because it will change the rest of my life. I look forward to hearing about this big step you may be taking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments! It's amazing that when we feel like we are alone, our comfort zone calls us and we just end up staying - but when we find that we are not alone - and others are going through or have gone through the same thing -the strength we can have for each other helps us to be bold and take the risk. I think that fear of the unknown and convincing us that we are alone are the two strongest weapons the enemy has....but when you look really at it - they don't have any substance - especially against God!

    ReplyDelete