Thursday, June 23, 2011

this is my Friday, and what a week!

Today is my Friday.  My niece flew in to spend some time with us, so I am taking tomorrow off to enjoy a long weekend.

This week I have struggled with feeling down, weary, frustrated and just a little bit lost - a little more than your usual 'down in the dumps' way.

I found myself letting it fester, wondering if I am doing the right thing, wondering if change is just too hard........

I was allowing these feelings to overtake, and conquer me.

Then, last night, I had a dream.....

This dream was very short, and it was more about the feeling than anything else.

In my dream I was in church, standing at a praise and worship service.  I look over and see a girl in my dream that I know, and she drops to her knees and begins to sob.  Then in an instant I hear my husbands voice behind me say one word....and only one word....'Lord'.  Then, in my dream, it was like a wave of overwhelming peaceful power that is too hard to try to describe in words washed over everyone and I was on the floor (I assume along with all others but I was not looking around).  I felt this feeling for only a few seconds - just until I acknowledged in my dream what it was - God - then I woke up.

I feel that God gave me this small dream, this sample, this taste to tell me to hold on.  To not lose hope, to not let the 'stuff' around me get to me.....to let me have a small taste of what is to come.

Where I went to bed with the weight of my world, I woke up with the world still there - but refreshed in the knowledge that God is with me every step of the way.

I feel lighter today.  I still have to deal with the problems and the stress....but it is different.  I am not weighed down by it, I am not going to cower in the corner and lick my wounds...

I am going to trust in God - my savior - my deliverer - my all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found you on Picket Fence and feel like this blog will be a great outlet for you. You'd be my best friend if you would link to me on your blog...

    KID BOOK RATINGS

    Once you do, leave a comment and I'll be sure to return the favor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :) I think that feeling of God-given peace is one of the most amazing feelings I've ever known!

    ReplyDelete