Monday, June 27, 2011

faith





Of course, I think everyone would agree that stepping out in faith is hard to do.


Especially the first few times you do it.

How do you collate your heart and your head with faith?  Quite simply, you don't.

I have tried.  I have spent hours trying to read, find, discover the secret that would bring my head-knowledge into agreement with faith so my mind will say...'oh, ok that makes sense' - - and I have come to the conclusion that you can't.

Your mind, will only understand logic, and faith is not logical.  To us anyway.

To God, it makes perfect sense.

So, what do I do?

I simply walk up to the cliff....................and step off.

The cliff of my understanding, of my reasoning.

The cliff of almost 40 years of 'knowledge'.

I take one step, then another, then another......

Even though I do not know what lies down the road, around the corner, or over the next hill.

It's ok.

I don't have to know.

God knows, and as long as I focus on my 'next step' He will focus on what is down the road.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. When we can embrace the uncertainty of this world and the certainty of God, we begin to take giant steps toward becoming the women He created us to be. Here's to a lifetime of faith-filled steps for God's Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment - I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete