Monday, July 25, 2011

feed my starving children

 18,000 children die of starvation or starvation related causes each day!
$88.00 will feed one child for an entire year.
$264.00 will feed two children, and their mother for an entire year.
$440.00 will feed a family of five for an entire year.
$4,380.00 will feed 100 children in an orphanage for six months.

Those numbers are pretty staggering.  18,000 children die every day in the world due to starvation, or starvation related causes.

For only $88.00 USD a one of those children would have food for an entire year!  That is only $7.33 per month or $1.69 per week.

Think about it, only $1.69 per week could save a child!  That is pretty humbling.  Especially as I reach through the drive-through window at my local Starbucks.  This one cup of coffee could feed so many!

My Husband and I took our family to volunteer for Feed my Starving Children on Saturday.

If you do not know about this amazing organization, I have a link to their site on the right hand side of my blog, please click on it to find out more.

I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it.  It was such a great experience.  Not to mention the fact that after our 2-hour shift - our group had packed enough food to feed 29 Children for ONE YEAR!

I would highly recommend, if you have a Feed my Starving Children location near you....GO!!  If you do not, then you can still support this amazing organization financially.







No comments:

Post a Comment