Wednesday, July 13, 2011

completely unearned


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.



What an amazing gift we have, Jesus' love.  So undeserved, so unearned.  What peace it gives us when we know this. When we realize that no matter what the problem is, no matter how high the mountain, how low the valley, He is there and loves us so much.

There is no one that is more precious than another.  Not one of us who have earned the amazing gift of grace.  


In fact, even though we fail, sin, and wander - a lot - He still loves us.


It is so easy for me to get wrapped up in everything that is wrong, to get caught up in all the stuff around me.  


But there is nothing, absolutely nothing that I have done or will do that will surprise Him.


There will never be a time when I will go to God, on my knees and confess a sin that He will say to me....hmmmm well, when I sent my Son to die for your sins....I was not really thinking about 'that'...sooo ahh yea - never mind.


It just wont happen.


He died for us while we were 'still' sinners.....He won't be caught off guard, we can't surprise Him with a situation that he was not expecting.....just can't be done.


The world gives us that....'conditional' sin/acceptance/forgiveness......


God gives us perfect Love and Complete Forgiveness.


How beautiful!!  How amazing!!   How blessed we are!!





1 comment: