Monday, April 2, 2012

Waking up in peace...

When life is difficult, stress usually manifests itself through my lack of sleep.  I can manage to fall asleep - not not stay asleep.  I am probably ver much in the majority on this, I'm sure.

However, last night was different.  I went to sleep, and even though I did wake up once around 3am, I did not stay awake and was able to return to sleep.  AND, that's not all...when I woke up - I woke up to scripture bouncing around in my head.  What an amazing way to wake up...

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

This means a lot to me.  Not that I have turned from God, but that I have not dedicated myself to truly "pray and seek his face".  I pray, and I ask his will - However, there is a difference in seeking something and asking someone to give you something. 

Tell me your will God, as apposed to I will 'seek' you out.  One is passive, the other is not.  One I sit back and wait, the other I yearn towards, seek out, actively take a part in.

Thank you God for this revelation.  I know I have to make my spiritual live more of an active way of life for me, rather than a passive, I will ask and then wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment