Thursday, August 4, 2011

knowing your now

I recently started a new devotional. 

Let me just say really quick....youversion.com....you absolutely rock!!

It is a Rick Warren devotional, and it could not come at a better time.  The topic....Focus Your Life.

"The next ten years can be the greatest of your life.  They can become a Decade of Destiny, where your life is focused and, as a result, you're able to make an impact in all you do."

I love this devotional as it is dealing with things that have been on my heart lately.  Change!

I love that it reiterates the need to "Know Your Now"...that has become my mantra.  For so long I avoided knowing my now.....I buried my head, not wanting to acknowledge my true reality.

For years (and years) I would tell myself I did this out of self-preservation.  I could not change everything that needed to be changed, so why even try?

I felt helpless, scared, a failure.  So, I just would 'pretend' it was not there, not happening, that it didn't matter.

Oh, what a trap of the enemy that is!  If he can convince you to build your own prison, and stay in it - what a victory for him!

It was not until I finally acknowledged that without God all of my 'fears' would become reality.  All of my 'try's would fail, all of my attempts would not be enough to change.

With God, however - you realize you have been looking at the world upside down.  You have been living in a prison of the enemy.  You have bought into all his lies.

With God, you see that YOU do not need to be anything on your own...He is with you.

I read an article by Joni Eareckson Tada once where she said that there are days she can't even bear to get out of bed.  She is overwhelmed, sad, weary.  And, on those days she calls out to God and says.....

I have absolutely no strength of my own today, please give me Your strength God!

How wonderful is it that we can call on our God, the creator of the universe, when we are weak and weary and He will bring us Peace, Strength, and Love.

So, today as I venture out to wrap up the second to the last day of my current life chapter, I will go out 'Knowing my Now".

I will ask myself....

Where am I now?  Spiritually, Financially, Emotionally, Physically

Then ask God....

Where do YOU want me to be?

Three things I have learned that have helped me the most on my journey in, out and around my comfort zone.

1. Know Your Now
2. Ask God where He wants you to be
3. Remember, if you sincerely ask for His Will to be done....no matter what that is.....you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment