Wednesday, August 31, 2011

taking it all in...



As I was driving into work the other day, I remember saying a prayer to God.

God, you know our needs even before we speak them.  You know mine, please provide for the need - and at the same time renew my heart and mind so when I receive your provision - my actions will prove to benefit You and Your Will...not mine.

How often we ask things of God, and how often He provides.  I think he provides more than we know.  However, if we do not ask him to change our hearts and minds, we can waste his provisions on what we want.....what we 'need', not necessarily on what He wants, want He needs us to do.

Recently, I wanted to get a group together to go back to Feed My Starving Children and pack some meals. I scoured through the site for a date/time that would work for most - and reserved my spot.   Usually with Feed My Starving Children you go, you pack, and you leave a donation (if you can).  However, due to the increase of need around the world, they are asking that for some of the packing time slots, the individuals all donate 20$ to use these slots.

At first I thought, oh no - I wont be able to get a group of people together if they have to pay 20$....then my heart was checked......

I had to be honest, "I" was shocked at the 20$....seriously Heather?  20$?!?  How often do you throw 20$ on something without even a thought??  Makeup, lunch out, a shirt?  What a revelation of my heart this was.

To that I realized my priorities - even though they have come a LONG way....still have a long way to go.

What do I do with God's provisions?  Do I ask, then do as I see fit?  Or, do I take the 'needs' of the whole into account?

Thank you God for this revelation, Thank you for revealing a side of  my heart that still needs to be softened, and a mind-set that is still based on the 'world' and not You.



No comments:

Post a Comment