Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sandy toes...

What a week!  Between my husband traveling to Cleveland for business, my son spending a week in Kauai, and my daughter and I on a turn-around trip with her Youth Group to California....Im tired!

I was going to try to write a blog about it - but instead Im going to just free-form my thoughts and highlights.

The smell of the subtle salt water when you open up your car door and step out onto the beach...oh how I have missed that lovely smell!

The feel of the soft sand under your feet.

The rush of water as you stand on the beach and let the waves wash over your bare feet, with each withdrawal of the wave you toes sink deeper into the wet sand.

The sound of the waves and their consistent, gentil, yet strong return to the beach.

The birds as they fly around, like a dance in the sky.

The feel on your face as the wind catches the sea mist.

The emotion when I get a video text of my son jumping in the surf and running on the beautiful beach of Kauai!

The sheer beauty of the sunset agains the water.

The joy of being reunited with everyone at the end of the adventure.

The feeling of ultimate blessing from God for being given such a gift, such an amazing gift as this family!

Kauai





Standing in the waves in Santa Monica, CA



No comments:

Post a Comment