Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Don't cry over lost Srirache...

Arguing over Srirache Sauce...Yes you read that right.  As I laid there on the couch last night, after my husband went to bed - I could not believe we had a fight over Sriracha Sauce...how ridiculous was that?!?  I finished watching my TV show, browsing through Pinterest - got ready for bed and climbed in for a nights sleep...still a bit irritated.

This morning, as I woke up to the persistent shrill alarm clock, rolled out of bed, grabbed the ipad, opened Youversion and began my morning scripture reading - I realized....it wasn't the Srirache Sauce at all.  It wasn't that my Son didn't put it back in the refrigerator door where someone else could find it, it wasn't that he puts Srirache on absolutely everything, it wasn't that at all.

Here is what it was...

Feeling out of control.  Feeling unheard.  Feeling like you don't matter.  Feeling unloved.

Really, I think, that is what it usually is when we react negatively to seemingly insignificant things.

We do not feel loved. Why?

When we love something we take care of it.  When we love something, it takes a priority.

I don't do dishes because I like to do dishes...I do them because walking into a clean kitchen makes you feel at ease.  You can relax.  You don't feel like you have to do something.

It is sometimes the little things in life that can make or break a day for someone.  To us, it seems trivial, silly even.  But to them - it is the one little thing that makes them feel special, loved, important.

I love this quote from Mother Teresa, because it is the small things (putting condiments back in the door of the refrigerator) that can sometimes speak volumes.  The little things that take only a small amount of time, can reflect great love to those who are on the receiving end.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment